A specially developed compost for lime hating plants such as Rhododendron, Azalea, Camellia, Primula and Heather.
Mix & Match Deal: This product qualifies for free delivery when ordered with a bulk bag.
Ericaceous compost is specially developed for lime-hating plants like Rhododendron, Azalea, Camellia, Primula and Heather.
What is ericaceous compost?
Ericaceous compost is an entirely organic and peat-reduced compost with a perfect pH for acid-loving plants.
Why use ericaceous compost?
There are a number of advantages to using ericaceous compost, including:
- Perfect pH for lime-hating, acid-loving plants
- Suitable for potting and planting
- Promotes strong root growth and flowers
- Contains long-lasting nutrients, so requires minimal feeding
- Retains moisture and enhances drainage
- Contains Vitalizer — an entirely natural, long-lasting growth booster for strong healthy plants with minimal feeding
- Weed free
- British sustainably sourced materials with no added chemicals
Buy ericaceous compost online at Compost Direct today!
There are a number of advantages to using Ericaceous Compost;
- Perfect pH for lime hating (acid loving) plants.
- Suitable for potting and planting out.
- Promotes strong root growth and flowers.
- Contains long lasting nutrients so requires minimal feeding.
- Retains moisture and enhances drainage.
- Contains Vitalizer – an entirely natural long lasting growth booster for strong healthy plants with minimal feeding.
- Weed free
- British sustainably sourced materials with no added chemicals.
How to use Ericaceous Organic Compost...
Potting, choose pot large enough to accommodate root ball. Partly fill pot with Ericaceous Organic Compost and water. Water plant thoroughly and then remove from pot and place in new container. Cover with compost, firm in and water again.
Planting out, dig a hole twice the size of the root ball and fill the base of the hole with ericaceous compost. Place the plant centrally in the hole and backfill with ericaceous compost. Firm in gently and water thoroughly.
When to use Ericaceous Organic Compost...
Ericaceous Organic Compost is suitable for use all year round.
- Ideally use within 1 year of purchase.
- As with all gardening activities, please wear gloves and wash hands when finished and before eating or drinking any thing.
- Store unused products away from potential contamination such as chemicals or weed killers.
- To avoid danger of suffocation, keep bags away from babies and children.
- As with all natural materials, photos may vary slightly from the actual product.
- Product can be applied safely in gardens with animals and children. Some animals may be attracted to manures – manure can be dug in to reduce the attraction although it will not be harmful to them.
- During storage, organic materials may develop a white mould, this is completely natural and harmless and will soon disappear when agitated.
- When soil is disturbed and organic matter applied, mushrooms and other types on fungi may temporarily appear. This is great news as the natural soil web is returning to your garden, just hoe them over and they will disappear. They are harmless.