Fruit & Veg Grow Bag
A uniquely shaped growbag for growing natural, full flavoured vegetables, fruit, salads and herbs.
Mix & Match Deal: This product qualifies for free delivery when ordered with a bulk bag.
Compost Direct provides uniquely shaped growbags that are perfect for growing natural, full-flavoured vegetables, fruit, salads and herbs.
What is a growbag?
The growbags we stock are self-contained planters, full of specially blended growbag compost that is perfect for grow your own vegetables. Its unique shape allows for deeper root establishment and better retention of water.
Why use a fruit & veg growbag?
The growbag has a number of benefits over traditional planters, including:
- Easy to use and ready for planting
- Plant straight into bag
- The large shape allows for deep root growth
- Perfect air:water balance for strong root growth and easy watering
- Contains immediate nutrients for first six weeks
- Retains moisture
- Trials have shown better-tasting produce compared to peat-based alternatives
- Peat-reduced and organic
- British sustainably sourced materials with no added chemicals
Place your order online with Compost Direct today!
The Kayak Growbag has a number of benefits over traditional planters;
- Easy and ready to use.
- Plant straight into bag.
- Large shape allows for deep root growth.
- Perfect air:water balance for strong root growth and easy watering.
- Contains immediate nutrients for first 6 weeks.
- Retains moisture.
- Trials have shown better tasting produce compared to peat based alternatives.
- Peat reduced and organic.
- British sustainably sourced materials with no added chemicals.
How to use Kayak Growbag...
Place Kayak Growbag on its side with words and pictures facing upwards, then hold one end and shake to loosen and spread contents. The bag will then form a deep, root friendly, shape. Cut out the pictures on top of the bag as indicated and water thoroughly. Plant chosen crops directly into growbag in accordance to plant guidelines. Train plants up supports or stakes as necessary.
Do not allow bag to dry out or become waterlogged. Apply organic plant food (Vitaliser or Chicken Poo) once plant has become established for maximum results.
When to use Kayak Growbag...
The Kayak Growbag is ready for use all year round, but for best results use in conjunction with your plant instructions.
- Ideally use within 1 year of purchase.
- As with all gardening activities, please wear gloves and wash hands when finished and before eating or drinking any thing.
- Store unused products away from potential contamination such as chemicals or weed killers.
- To avoid danger of suffocation, keep bags away from babies and children.
- As with all natural materials, photos may vary slightly from the actual product.
- Product can be applied safely in gardens with animals and children. Some animals may be attracted to manures – manure can be dug in to reduce the attraction although it will not be harmful to them.
- During storage, organic materials may develop a white mould, this is completely natural and harmless and will soon disappear when agitated.
- When soil is disturbed and organic matter applied, mushrooms and other types on fungi may temporarily appear. This is great news as the natural soil web is returning to your garden, just hoe them over and they will disappear. They are harmless.