This product is a versatile peat free compost with added balanced nutrients to encourage growth for a broad range of plants. Suitable for a wide range of gardening activities.
Compost Direct’s versatile, peat-free multi-purpose compost has balanced nutrients to encourage growth for a broad range of plants. It is suitable for a wide range of gardening activities.
What is multi-purpose organic compost?
A multi-purpose compost is a growing media suitable for a wide range of gardening activities, including seed-sowing, potting and container planting. It is 100 per cent natural and sustainable, and contains added plant feed to aid six weeks of growth.
Why use multi-purpose organic compost?
Multi-purpose organic compost is a popular product that can be used around the garden. Benefits include:
- Suitable for a broad range of plants, shrubs, fruits and vegetables
- Ideal for potting and planting in containers
- Added natural plant feed and nutrients for six weeks growth
- Retains and absorbs moisture
- Contains Vitalizer — an entirely natural, long-lasting growth booster for strong healthy plants with minimal feeding
- British sustainably sourced materials with no added chemicals
Purchase your organic compost online with Compost Direct today!
Multi-Purpose Organic Compost is a popular product widely around the garden;
- Suitable for a broad range of plants, shrubs, fruit and vegetables.
- Ideal for potting and planting up containers.
- Added natural plant feed and nutrients for 6 weeks growth.
- Retains and absorbs moisture.
- Contains Vitalizer – an entirely natural long lasting growth booster for strong healthy plants with minimal feeding.
- Weed free
- British sustainably sourced materials with no added chemicals.
How to use Multi-Purpose Organic Compost...
Sowing seeds, fill trays or pots with Multi-purpose organic compost level off and firm lightly, water thoroughly, sow seeds evenly as per seed packet instructions. Cover seeds with a fine layer of compost then follow germination instructions on seed packet. In general, seeds will benefit from warmth, moisture and light.
Pricking out seedlings, fill trays or pots with Multi-purpose organic compost, level off and firm slightly. Seedling leaves should be fully grown and true leaves appearing. Unearth and carefully tease seedlings apart. Dip a hole in the multi purpose compost then insert the seedling, cover up to just below the seed leaves. Firm in and water thoroughly.
Striking cuttings, fill containers with multi purpose compost, level off and firm lightly. Prepare cuttings from healthy non-flowering shoots; make clean cut just below leaf joint and strip off leaves 2cm from stem. Stick cuttings into compost, up to 2cm below first leaves. Firm in and water thoroughly, then enclose in a plastic bag to maintain warmth and humidity. Remove bag and plant out once rooted.
Hanging baskets and other containers, line hanging basket and fill with multi purpose compost, plant up then firm gently and water to eliminate air spaces. Do not allow container to dry out. Once plants are established and flowering heavily, apply organic plant food.
Potting, choose pot large enough to accommodate root ball. Partly fill pot with multi purpose compost and water. Water plant thoroughly and then remove from pot and place in new container. Cover with compost, firm in and water again.
Planting trees, roses and other shrubs, soak root ball in water until no air bubbles appear. Prepare hole twice the size of root ball, then mix the soil 50:50 with the multi purpose compost. Place plant in hole and backfill, firming gently and watering thoroughly.
When to use Multi-Purpose Organic Compost...
Multi-Purpose Organic Compost is suitable for use all year round.
- Ideally use within 1 year of purchase.
- As with all gardening activities, please wear gloves and wash hands when finished and before eating or drinking any thing.
- Store unused products away from potential contamination such as chemicals or weed killers.
- To avoid danger of suffocation, keep bags away from babies and children.
- As with all natural materials, photos may vary slightly from the actual product.
- Product can be applied safely in gardens with animals and children. Some animals may be attracted to manures – manure can be dug in to reduce the attraction although it will not be harmful to them.
- During storage, organic materials may develop a white mould, this is completely natural and harmless and will soon disappear when agitated.
- When soil is disturbed and organic matter applied, mushrooms and other types on fungi may temporarily appear. This is great news as the natural soil web is returning to your garden, just hoe them over and they will disappear. They are harmless.